Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Biodata

My Biodata

Hi. I am Chan Min Min. I am currently a Science undergraduate majoring in Physics. I am a diligent and independent learner who is particularly passionate about Physics. I enjoy learning Physics because it is a subject that encourages one to find answers to fundamental questions and apply basic knowledge to complicated situations. Hence, learning physics has equipped me with critical thinking and application skills that will be important in the workforce. To broaden my academic horizons, I challenged myself by participating in the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme in Science (UROPS). My strong analytical ability and keen attitude towards learning has enabled me to obtain good results for this programme.

Furthermore, I am also an efficient and responsible leader who has the drive to see my undertakings through fruition. I was given the opportunity to be the Vice-Chairman of National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC) in CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School and had taken part in the planning and execution of many events in my co-curricular activity. As a confident and dependable team leader, I motivated and led my team to come in first in the Annual .22" Revolver Shooting Competition in 2003.

In addition, I have a keen interest in music and was an active and dedicated member of the Harmonica Club in Anderson Junior College. Despite being new to the instrument, I practiced hard to improve my skills so that I could participate in the Singapore Youth Festival in 2005. Besides playing the harmonica, I also enjoy singing, jogging and playing the piano. My love for music spurred me to join the music ministry in my church. I had served in the choir before and now, every Sunday, I would serve the congregation as a keyboardist.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Min Min,

    I can see your keen interest in Physics! :) Your biodata had also let me to know more about you.

    I like the part where you mentioned “drive to see my undertakings through fruition”. It has showed your responsibility and keen interest to excel. It must also have been great to have the motivation to serve the congregation every Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Min Min,

    Your interest in Physics is important in taking you to greater heights. UROPS is definitely challenging and I am impressed that you overcome the challenges and emerged with a greater passion in Physics.

    Undoubtedly, your biodata has described your qualities and talents. Leadership qualities and good team player are definitely what employers will look out for. In addition, you end off with your interest in music, showing soft side in you. Overall, it's a good biodata!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your biodata is well-structured, you show your career strengths and interest in the first paragraph, then your leadership skills in the second, and your other interests in the third. This really gives the reader a clear view about your strengths and interests.

    I believe your biodata can show your potential employee about yourself. However, if you want to increase your marketability as a potential researcher, you should mention about your accomplishments in your UROPS project. This will show them that you are capable of achieving results in research.

    Well done, Min Min. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Min Min,

    I still remember on the first day that you told me you are from Physics major, I was so shocked! Mainly because I got the perception that most girls do not like Physics.

    Anyway from your biodata, I can see that you are good in all prospects, in terms of academic, leadership and music talents. I believe all reader will be impressed by "hard side" of you being the NPCC vice Chairman and "soft side" being the member of Harmonica Club.

    Overall, it is a good biodata.

    MuiPeng

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Min Min,

    I am truly amazed by your passion in Physics. I have to admit that Physics was one of the subject which i hated much during my Secondary school days.

    Also, your skills in other areas such as sports and music have shown the other interesting side of you. It's really a good biodata =)

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey girl!!

    Thanks so much for editing my posts and reminding me to submit my posts to you all this while.

    I am glad you have found your niche. Do pursue your interest in research because u have what it takes to excel in this area. As you can see, I am convinced by your biodata of your diligence, efficiency and leadership capability, all of which are crucial for working in a research team.

    You have highlighted your qualities well.

    ALL THE BEST!=)

    Cheers,Ethel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like what Wai Pheng said, your biodata is impressive in terms of its structure. Do shout out your accomplishments. :)

    ReplyDelete